The Excelerated Life Source Book
The Excelerated Life™ promotes a life of flourishing and well-being, and a life of meaning, purpose, and service. It’s about creating a successful life, however you define it, keeping this definition in mind: “Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or a worthy ideal”. The Excelerated Life™ is about thriving, not merely surviving.
The Excelerated Life™ Source Book can help you create the life you want. It increases your ability to be outstanding, first-rate, and even exceptional. The materials and resources in these pages help you chart a course for creating your own Excelerated Life™, for discovering or re-discovering your Purpose, and for sharing your unique gifts in Service to the world.
The path to your best life isn’t always easy, but it can be simple. If you sometimes get in your own way and make things way more difficult than they need to be, use the exercises and practices in this book to Excelerate and soar toward your passions and goals.
Welcome to your Excelerated Life™!
The Excelerated Life Source Book is an introduction to the Excelerated Life™. The materials and resources in these pages are offered as introductory steps to help you chart a course for creating your own Excelerated Life™, for discovering, or re-discovering, your Purpose, and to encourage you to share your unique gifts in Service to the world.
- If you are new to the Excelerated Life™, then the Source Book can introduce you to strategies for creating a life of flourishing and well-being and a life of meaning, purpose, and Service.
- If you’re familiar with but haven’t yet embraced your Excelerated Life™, then the Source Book can teach you the benefits of living an Excelerated Life™ and give you practical ideas and techniques for getting started.
- If you’ve been following the Excelerated Life™ practices for a while, then the Source Book can help you dig deeper and offer suggestions for strengthening your practices.
- If you wish to read ideas and stories that inspire you to be your best self, browse the Source Book and pick the one that appeals to you right now.
- If you want to move from thinking and talking about learning and growing and getting better to actual doing, then the Source Book offers ideas to help you get into action.
- If you need to make changes so that you can move from languishing and merely surviving to thriving and creating a life of meaning, purpose, and Service, then the Source Book can help guide you.
If you are ready to change the life you’ve created and begin creating the life you want, an extraordinary life, an Excelerated Life™, then begin right here, with The Excelerated Life Source Book!
How to Use This Book
The Excelerated Life Source Book is a collection of essays centered around the principles and practices of living an Excelerated Life™. Some of the essays are descriptions of a specific practice. Some are stories that illustrate the practice. And some contain suggestions for how to do the practice.
Each essay intends to help you discover how you can live your own Excelerated Life™ as this is different for each of us. We are all on different paths and we are at different stages along our paths. Your Excelerated Life™ will differ from others as you personalize the practices to suit your unique circumstances. The stories, ideas, and practices you acquire provide a foundation, which you can then modify to align with your specific situation.
Here are a few of the things you’ll learn:
- The difference between pleasure and gratification. (Hint: one is over as soon as the experience ends, the other lasts for hours and days.)
- What you really want vs. what you say you want.
- The importance of opening and using a gift you receive every day.
- How to accept and face adversity. (We all get that “opportunity”.)
- How to simplify your work, your home, your calendar, your health, and your lifestyle.
- Why you shouldn’t be good.
- Ways to strengthen your willpower.
- How to choose happiness goals
. . . and much more!